naked: fat women have sex!

fatman_scoop_man_and_wife.jpg
Fatman Scoop and wife Shanda, hosts of Man and Wife, photo via Splash

Via our favorite Big Fat Deal comes this breaking news as reported by Yahoo: Fat women have sex with other people! Researchers seemed shocked that it is so–even speculating that fat women may have lied about having sex with other people, because people tend to lie during sex surveys, and of course what a fat woman would lie about is the fact that someone finds her sexually attractive, wants to touch her body, make love to her, finds her beautiful and desirable.

The major problem with this study, as Mo Pie points out, is that the story, and the research, seems to boil down to the idea that oh yeah! Fat women should totally get proper STD counseling, we didn’t even think of that! And the suggestion that doctors assume that anyone overweight is not sexually active; therefore, there is no reason to talk to them about reproductive health–not to mention the insinuation that fat women are so stupid and know so little about sex that they’re out there climbing on anything and anyone, indiscriminately, much as they put anything (and anyone) indiscriminately in their mouths.

What it boils down to for us: there really are medical professionals out there who believe this sort of thing, and there are people out there who are astonished at the idea that anyone with a BMI above chicken bones could possibly enjoy a healthy, aerobically active, incredibly sensational sex life, that she could love her body and love the pleasure it brings to her and the people with whom she is having sensational sex.

So this is my conclusion, and it’s more of a reminder of something we all knew than a revelation, but it is important, and it is this: it is up to you to take charge, and take responsibility for your sexual happiness and your sexual health. It is your job to make sure you are healthy in your head–happy with your body and how you feel–as well as healthy in your body–practicing safe sex, stretching before strenuous positions, etc. And your job to tell anyone who thinks that because of your size, or how you look, that you’re not supposed to have a sex life, that they can fuck off.

Posted in Sex

1. Posted November 4, 2008 at 3:20 pm | Permalink

AMEN SISTAH!!

2. Posted November 4, 2008 at 3:33 pm | Permalink

That’s just weird. The whole thing is totally weird.

Doesn’t anyone know the Willie Dixon song, ‘Built for Comfort?’

Sheesh.

3. K
    Posted November 4, 2008 at 9:12 pm | Permalink

About time someone brought this to the attention of the public. See men do like fat chicks. As someone once told me, “More cushion for the pushin’”.

4. L
    Posted November 5, 2008 at 8:50 am | Permalink

I can’t believe that in 2008 this is still a relevant study. The people are so unaware that sex can be enjoyable even when you’re not a size two is unnerving. I’m a size 18, and I’m just as sexual as anyone else. Kudos to em&lo for the way they handled this topic!

5. Gem Smith
    Posted November 5, 2008 at 9:57 am | Permalink

Well Im a Big Girl and know for fact that there are guys out there that like Big Girls so they can plow it in alot better especially the ass that skinny chicks dont like!

6. tammy
    Posted November 6, 2008 at 1:49 pm | Permalink

If you look around when you’re in the mall, grocery store, etc.. there are alot of overweight/average/not skinny people.. and alot of them have kids. Someone is having sex with all those overweight Moms. :)
    It’s sad that the general conception is that if you’re not skinny, you must be disgusting and unappealing. Therefore, no one in their right mind would be attracted to you. Why is this ok?
    Articles like this, that try to push the idea that fat=loser, are doing major damage.

I’m still trying to accept that my man thinks I’m hot, and we have alot of great sex and I’m NOWHERE near perfect. Being told that you’re a freak sometimes makes it hard to believe anything else.

7. GABBY
    Posted November 7, 2008 at 7:27 am | Permalink

I DON’T UNDERSTAND WHY SO MANY PEOPLE MAKE A BIG DEAL OF A WOMEN BEING OVER WEIGHT THERE ARE PLENTY OF MEN THAT ARE OVER WEIGHT OUT THERE TOO. I DON’T LOOK AT PEOPLE AND JUDGE THEM BY THEIR WEIGHT I LOOK AT THEM AND JUDGE THEM BY THIER PERSONALITY AND HOW THEY HOLD THIERSELVES UP AS IN ARE THEY CONFIDENT OF THEMSELVES OR DO THEY JUST CARE WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK OF THEM. BECAUSE HONEY YOUR NEVER GONNA GET ANYWHERE LIVING UP TO OTHERS EXPECTATIONS. LOVE YOUR SELF BIG OR SMALL BECAUSE CONFIDENTS IS WHAT MAKES A WOMEN SEXY NOT WEIGHT AND BELIVE ME IF YOU THINK YOUR SEXY THEN YOU PARTNER WILL TOO!!!

8. Myriah
    Posted November 7, 2008 at 9:59 pm | Permalink

Wait…fat girls aren’t supposed to get laid??? I never got that memo. What if I feel more attractive when I’m fat and have some curves than I do when I’m skinny and the ta-tas go into hibernation?

And how do they not seem to realize there are more men in the real world who actually prefer their women to be big? I know, I’ve dated more than a couple of ‘em.

9. Anonymous
    Posted November 10, 2008 at 11:43 pm | Permalink

Amen, and say it again! I don’t understand why people think that a thick sistah can’t throw down in bedroom or anywhere else that she likes! Hell, I’ve been told countless number of times that I’m Hella sexy and bad as Hell in the bed. Ain’t no shame in my game. I can out do Any little skinny thing. Just ask my husband & some former lovers. They wanna come Back!

10. Jim
    Posted November 12, 2008 at 1:05 pm | Permalink

As most of you have already expressed this whole study is ridiculous. As I’ve known for many years a fatty that is even remotely comfortable with them selves is usually a lot more open to sexual relationships. Furthermore they are generally not only having more sex but are better at it as well. Most chubby, fat or obese girls I’ve been with are a lot more willing to experiment and are much more willing to have a satisfying and enjoyable sexual experience than their up-tight thinner counterparts. This doesn’t mean that they are easier, it just means that they tend to enjoy the oral pleasures much more than most girls and are more willing to reach for the pleasure that sex brings. This is evident in their enjoyment of food as well. Fatties are truly worth partying with and it always cracks me up when people that have no clue about human nature or sexual attraction make stupid statements about fat girls being sloppy, easy or unattractive because in reality, they are just blowing smoke. Every real man knows that female beauty and desirability comes in all sizes and not just in the size 10 and under crowd.

11. Melissa
    Posted November 14, 2008 at 12:48 am | Permalink

OK so I use to be one of those super skinny girls…you know where you can practically see their bones (yea I now think its disgusting) But I’m more active now that I have gained weight. And from my experiences….guys like thicker girls more…of course you will always have those egotistical pricks out there, but my view is…if they dont like me for who I am then they aren’t worth my time anyhow!

12. Nickie
    Posted November 14, 2008 at 11:48 am | Permalink

Guys won’t admit it to their friends ever that they have had intimate relationships with plus size women. Me I like to call myself average. I am 5’7 and 200 pounds, but built well. I have been with 2 plus size men in my entire life. I had a guy I had been dating for 2 months introduce me as a friend to all his friends…whoa slap in the face there. I was truly done. I asked him why he did this and he said his friends would make fun of him for “Banging a Fat Chick”. It hurt, but blew him and the whole ordeal off. Body image is too much to worry about, I think a person should be happy with who and what they are. Then they will find the true and happy love and sex ever. Women find it so hard to resist to feel fat. Let it go, be who you are. Tell the next “skinny” guy you date tell him your too skinny for me. Have fun and be safe while you are doing it, remember for every guy there is at least ten girls he has slept with!

13. Anon
    Posted November 15, 2008 at 7:00 pm | Permalink

I remember dave chappelle said it best- every time a brother gets married, there is a fat white chick crying some where. It goes hand in hand with that christy ally showtime show- when she was fat, and the brother wanted her for it.
    Fatties- you are all kidding yourselves (well not all of you but enough to make that statement). Fatties are so “open” to the craziness because of low self esteem. They figure that if they “take” in the bonus place or “swallow”, then they are likely to keep him from the skinny chick.
    it is a cruel world, i know.

14. Erica
    Posted November 19, 2008 at 4:15 pm | Permalink

Anon,
    Not all “Fatties” do those sexual things because they have low self esteem.. Maybe they do them because they like it? Maybe being creative does keep your man happy and faithful! You should try it!

15. adrienne
    Posted November 28, 2008 at 2:21 pm | Permalink

wow this is plain stupid! im a fat girl and i will let u know…men like fat girls believe me!i have never had a dry spell where sex was not a option. i never have to date fat men , and by the way my current boyfriend is hella hot and 14 years younger than me…. get a life people!

16. r.shackleford
    Posted November 28, 2008 at 9:20 pm | Permalink

well, it’s nice to hear that people can still self dilude. but the actual fact is that: guys are willing to “chubby chase” for the simple fact that 1)he’s going through a dry spell, 2) yes he just might like ‘em on the plus size (but only on moped status), 3)he just came back from a military deployment (no sex for a year) and needs to get his tip wet, or 4) he’s just that drunk. but no matter what form of denial your using, it is true that the plus size girls will do a lot more self degrading things their skinny counter parts, simply for the attention. this is because the skinny broads get offerd sex by so many random guys daily that there is never a shortage of attention in her life to boost her ego. but the big ‘uns don’t get that feeling near as much and they will take it where they have to to get it.

17. r.shackleford
    Posted November 28, 2008 at 9:22 pm | Permalink

18. Drea
    Posted December 15, 2008 at 6:41 am | Permalink

r.shackleford? what a rude thing to say. doing ‘degrading things’ – as you put it – has nothing to do with size. women AND men of any race, size or background can do that. size isn’t an issue there, more a matter of preference.

not every woman will ‘take it where they can get it.’ many men appreciate, respect and value big women. it’s wrong of you to generalize, especially us thick and curvy women. i mean, that would be like me saying: ‘all people with the first letter R initial are biased and narrow minded.’ that wouldn’t be fair to the rest of the ‘R’ named population, now would it?

the fact that you posted what you said twice simply puts to the forefront your eagerness to prove such a judgmental and ignorant comment.

( && i know i’m late posting this comment thanks to the lovely that wrote this article! i really enjoyed reading this. )

19. William
    Posted January 11, 2009 at 4:35 am | Permalink

Adrienne your lack of empathy toward Fat Men and their issues is a excellent example of the worst of Fat/Size Acceptance. Fat/Size Acceptance is more than just a old fashion BBW Dance or a BBW/Fat Admirer get together.